Goals

Thursday, January 28, 2010

time flys


Time is just flying!!! I can't believe Davin is already a month old! He's changing so much more quickly then Evan it seems. Probably because I don't have the time to just sit and stare at him all day. I'm constantly doing something it seems. I'm feeding one, while putting a straw in a juice box for the other. I'm crafting with one with the other fussing in my arms. The only time it seems I get is when Evan is asleep for the night and the other decides to put off evening witch hour. That's when I seem to have time to do things like write in my blog. The days seem to be melding together into one long day of no sleep, bottles, and impatient 3 year olds. At least Evan is proud of his brother. No mater where we go he tells everyone that he is a big brother, and his brother's name is Davin. He also gives baby kisses and gentle hugs. He does get jealous some times and asks me to put a screaming Davin down so he get get snuggles too. My monster of a 3 year old is just to big to give both snuggles at the same time at this point so I just have to do the one arm hug and hope that's enough.


Today we had a funny moment. Evan gave Davin a pat on the tummy and laughed like crazy when Davin's response was a fart. lol. Boys will be Boys and I just couldn't help laughing too.

First thing in the morning seems to be the most trying time. This morning Davin was up just 3 min before Evan. Earl had already left for work so I was on my own. Trying to tell a hungry 3 year old he has to wait until the baby is feed is like talking to a brick wall! But I managed. It meant putting Davin down before I could give him a good burp which lead to morning witch hours of catastrophic proportions. I'll never do that again, I guess I'll just have to deal with a whinny 3 year old, or grow another set of arms.

Well that's all I have to report. Have a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe offer Evan a banana or something he can do himself while he waits? Make a peanut butter sandwich the night before for him to grab?...

    UGH - I think I'll stick with one lol

    ReplyDelete