Goals

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

OMG what do I do!

Well Evan's cold has now developed into an ear infection. Yup, pain, pain and more pain. Crying, crying and more crying. I've never seen him this miserable and unreasonable. I can understand, but it's still beyond heart breakingly frustrating!!!

First he fought us (Earl and I) tooth and nail to go see his Doctor. He's never been like that before! He wined the whole time we where in the doctors office. Then he fought with Dr A himself to see his ear. Again I've never seen him behave like this!!

So we finally got home after a long ordeal. I ran to safeway to get the meds. Dr A told me to give him the meds plus a dose of Advil for pain. When I got home he took the meds but not the advil. He flat out refused.

So here's my dilemma. He won't take the advil, which stops the pain, the pain is upsetting so he coughs, which causes him to throw up the medicine. So if he would just take the advil and the ear pain stops then all would be fine! I've tried to explain this, but you just can't reason with him. He's so wound up! OMG! I'm so frustrated! I want to help him, but I can't. Not because I can't but because he won't let me. We've tried everything! Bribing with treats and toys. Liquid in case it's hurts to chew, chewable in case the liquid is bugging his throat from coughing. Etc, Etc, Etc.

I'm at a complete loss. I had to walk away to breath, or write about it anyway. Here's hoping Earl can get him calmed down to maybe have a nap, hopefully he'll be more reasonable with some sleep. Pray for me ladies! OMG my head hurts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment